Black Metal UK

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Odinism

Odinism 6 years ago #427833

• Xart
  • Xtreme Black Metaller
I admit, I was once a satanist in my younger years. However, after being a strong atheist, I have seen what truly is. Odinism. The religion of my ancestors, and the true religion before the falsehoods of Christianity reigned over Europe.

If you want to know more about the wonders of Odinism.
www.odinistfellowship.co.uk/
www.odinic-rite.org/

But to the Black Metal! There are many, many Odinist Black Metal bands. One of the most famous being Amon Amarth (who are more death/black metal). Just wondering if anyone else here is into either the religion, the inspirational music, or both! For those who don't know, Odinism is a form of Paganism.

Odinism 6 years ago #427843

• Kveldulf
  • True Black Metaller
The Odinic Rite is a bunch of clowns, man. The ones around here and Alberta anyway.

Re: Odinism 6 years ago #427855

Xart wrote:
I admit, I was once a satanist in my younger years. However, after being a strong atheist, I have seen what truly is. Odinism. The religion of my ancestors, and the true religion before the falsehoods of Christianity reigned over Europe.

Hello Varg.

Re: Odinism 6 years ago #427858

• Kathaar
  • True Black Metaller
Xart wrote:
There are many, many Odinist Black Metal bands. One of the most famous being Amon Amarth

I lol'd

Re: Odinism 6 years ago #427863

• no-static
  • True Black Metaller
not particularly odinist, but I am studying Asatru as a nature faith. I find it is, as most faiths attempt to be, a good set of values if taken in it's true context, unlike many NS bands do, who take it to mean purely nationalist. The same problem as some Odinists as well really, they misinterpret the loyalty and integrity aspects as nationalist.

to each their own I would say, and the naysayers, well I assume that they have their own values and views that they live by. It would be arrogant of me to say that their views are wrong. We all choose to live by the ways that suit us a individuals, and those views can change many times throughout our lives.

Re: Odinism 6 years ago #427864

• youllneversparkleinhell
TheRippingCorpse wrote:
Xart wrote:

Hello Varg.

lol :banghead:

Re: Odinism 6 years ago #427882

• Radian_Born
no-static wrote:
not particularly odinist, but I am studying Asatru as a nature faith. I find it is, as most faiths attempt to be, a good set of values if taken in it's true context, unlike many NS bands do, who take it to mean purely nationalist. The same problem as some Odinists as well really, they misinterpret the loyalty and integrity aspects as nationalist.

to each their own I would say, and the naysayers, well I assume that they have their own values and views that they live by. It would be arrogant of me to say that their views are wrong. We all choose to live by the ways that suit us a individuals, and those views can change many times throughout our lives.

I've corresponded with a bloke over at Wikipedia who, although a Gnostic Christian by persuasion, once practiced Asatru (among many others) and reckons the Nordic gods can be correlated to the ancient Hebraic deities. He seems to know a lot about Guido von List, incidentally.

Re: Odinism 6 years ago #428073

• no-static
  • True Black Metaller
Radian_Born wrote:
no-static wrote:

I've corresponded with a bloke over at Wikipedia who, although a Gnostic Christian by persuasion, once practiced Asatru (among many others) and reckons the Nordic gods can be correlated to the ancient Hebraic deities. He seems to know a lot about Guido von List, incidentally.

thats interesting. I do feel that the character traits of all pantheons are very similar, whether classical greek, Roman, Norse, or Celtic. That is what I consider these 'gods' purely to represent human character traits that offer some form of morality through their legends. I am always interested in discovering more about what faiths have strived to connect mankind to the environment.

Re: Odinism 6 years ago #428149

• Radian_Born
no-static wrote:
Radian_Born wrote:
no-static wrote:

thats interesting. I do feel that the character traits of all pantheons are very similar, whether classical greek, Roman, Norse, or Celtic. That is what I consider these 'gods' purely to represent human character traits that offer some form of morality through their legends. I am always interested in discovering more about what faiths have strived to connect mankind to the environment.

I'm undecided as to what I think about the level of 'reality' the gods possess, as it were. Personally, I lean towards the notion that they have some independent existence, but it's just a feeling I have. I'd be interested to hear other's thoughts on this.

Odinism 6 years ago #428701

• yapik
  • True Black Metaller
I believe in gaurdian angels or ancestors that help you, whatever, I have been in situations where I can only say I have had the luck of the gods, or a guardian angel or a dead ancestor there helping me, these are real situations that happened I can only comment on what I have directly experienced, I dont know about god or unseen entities per say, but when a policeman pepper sprays you in the eye at point blank range and the pepper spray does nothing to you but fucks all the police so that they are screaming in agony, you do wonder! Thats not the only time when I have genuinly gone, what the fuck?!?! It is always in a time of physical danger and imminent threat, so I do genuinly wonder cos I aint that fast, and since when did one man fight off six bigger angrier dudes and send them running? that aint right.

I like to think that I have my ancestors looking out for me (why would anyone elses ancestors want too?) so I figure I owe some praise to them especially as I probably wouldnt be here without the lives they led. So along with the freesh air, the sun the moon the water and the good things we can make there is alot to give praise too.
Time to create page: 1.19 seconds

blackmetal.co.uk

Top Desktop version